Friday, January 13, 2012

Modern Junk

Seems like nothing you can buy these days is made to last.  It's all designed to break/fail/wearout in short order.
Nobody makes a hose end sprayer worth a %# anymore.  You can pay $2.00 or 20.00 and you still get junk.
Last night the one I bought this spring broke.  By the time I got a new one on the hose, of course in getting it off the hose the connection broke so I had to repair the hose first, the sun had set and all the water I was spraying to clean the chicken waterer's was freezing on top of the pallets I was standing on and I slipped and fell.  Every spring we buy 3 or 4 of those blasted things and they all break.

Can openers are another.  Doesn't make any difference if its manual or electric, they either don't work worth a crap or they don't last.  Now for me lasting is like for 15 or 20yrs.  not 15 or 20 months.  The best canopener is still a P-38 I carry on my key chain.  Will open any size or shape can every time.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-38_can_opener

Hope everyone has a good Friday the 13th and stays safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment